Annotare is a tool to help bench biologists annotate biomedical investigations and their resulting data. Annotare is a stand-alone desktop application that features the following:
- a set of intuitive editor forms to create and modify annotations,
- support for easy incorporation of terms from biomedical ontologies,
- standard templates for common experiment types,
- a design wizard to help create a new document, and
- a validator that checks for syntactic and semantic violation.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/annotare/