The major standardization projects being pursued by the FGED Society include:
- MIAME - The formulation of the minimum information about a microarray experiment required to interpret and verify the results.
- MINSEQE - The development of the Minimum Information about a high-throughput SEQuencing Experiment standard for Ultra High-Throughtput Sequencing experiments.
- MAGE-TAB - A simple spreadsheet-based, MIAME-supportive format for microarray experimental data called MAGE-TAB, based on a richer a data exchange and object modeling format known as MAGE.
- Annotare - A stand-alone desktop application to help bench biologists annotate biomedical investigations and their resulting data.
- Ontology - The development of ontologies for microarray experiment description and biological material (biomaterial) annotation in particular.
- Collaborative standards - Engaging with and supporting the efforts of other relevant standards organizations.
Other areas of interest include:
- UHTS Data Quality - Data quality assessment standards for ultra high-throughput sequencing data.
- Clinical Phenotypes - A MIAME-like checklist for reporting results of clinical functional genomics studies.
- MISFISHIE - The Minimum Information Specification For In Situ Hybridization and Immunohistochemistry Experiments required to interpret and verify the results.